Monday, September 28, 2009

The Joys of Sewing

I am overjoyed that I know how to sew and make clothes alterations. It is a gift to be able to stay self sufficient and never feel helpless. It is fortunate to have an edge in life and sewing is one thing that gets you soaked in and get carried away. I can spend a whole saturday at home, doing my sewing projects. I can sew a blouse to my fancy or make one for my sister who has difficulty getting the right fitting clothes out of a retail rack. To see a smile on their faces is enough joy to be had.

With my newfound hobby, I can save a fortune! I grab fabrics when they are on sale, beautiful colors, texture and patterns. I keep them for those times when I want to translate my design imaginations into reality.

I am lucky I do not have to frown because the skirt I bought from the mall didn't fit right or the waistline is too loose because I can do something about it. I can make my clothes well fitting and hide those I want to cover. My dress can be one of a kind and I feel good wearing it. I learn to appreciate my clothings better because I made them.

The greatest joy is making doll clothes. Imagine making use of those stash of fabrics I accumulate after making for myself, they are put to good use! The feeling I get when I put on that new clothing on my doll is so cherished and really puts a smile on one's face! Today can be a shirt, tomorrow can be a poncho , next day can be a long dress.

So try it , friends! Never too late to learn how to sew!

When I do alterations for people, I find joy in being able to help and solve one's problem . Someone out there needs my help and no matter how small the job is, it is big for the person whom I did it for! Monetary gains are small but the joys you get are big! It stirs creativity and makes you think , how can I do this , it is like solving a puzzle on how can I change the zipper without destroying the original stitching or how can I alter the waistline without touching the darts below. All requires thinking and patience. In fact doing alteration is more difficult than making a totally new item. So hope you will appreciate this trade, it is something really good and useful to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Friendly with warm personality

Followers